Поиск по этому блогу

четверг, 23 марта 2017 г.

The Blues Experience with Cash McCall - The Vintage Room

Bitrate: 320K/s
Year: 2007
Time: 46:27
Size: 106,9 MB
Label: Dixon Landing Music
Styles: Blues/Chicago Blues
Art: Full

Tracks Listing:
 1. One Touch - 5:09
 2. One Touch (Instrumental) - 5:07
 3. I Just Want To Make Love To You - 3:36
 4. Slice Of That Pie - 3:18
 5. Make A Fool Of Me - 4:40
 6. Gypsy Woman - 5:39
 7. I'm Ready - 2:46
 8. Catch Me Before I Go - 4:21
 9. Mama - 5:00
10. Bring It On Home - 2:45
11. Helluva Time - 4:02

You ain’t gonna’ believe this!  The Blues Experience with Cash McCall has a new CD out called “The Vintage Room” that is straight out of the 40’s.  I mean these guys capture the real old style blues with none of this fancy new stuff cluttering it up.  Cash has the credentials of playing and writing for Muddy Waters, Howlin’ Wolf, and Little Milton.  He also produced Willie Dixon’s “Hidden Charms” that won a grammy for Best Traditional Blues album.  He later joined Dixon’s Chicago All-Stars, and fronted his own band for years.
The only member of the Dixon family playing blues today is Alex Dixon.  Alex was raised by Willie and born in Chicago.   Having played with Willie many times over the years he formed Dixon Landing Music.   This Vintage Room CD is their first offering is the style of the old blues.  It is on the mark too.
The CD has 11 cuts.  Three of them are covers of Willie Dixon tunes, which are on the money.  Alex wrote 6 more, and Cash has a killer tune in there too.  Band members include Cash on vocals and guitar, Alex Dixon on piano, Steve Bell on a fine harp, Bill “Young Blood” Learned and Katy J on rhythm guitar, Brady Wills on bass, Dylan Cooper on upright bass, and Vinnie Threats on drums.
I took a long road trip, about 10 hours, not too long ago and listened to this CD about 10 times.  I love it. These guys got the blues.  Nothing fancy, just the real thing.   I am surprised how well they capture the old stuff, and even with the news songs.  I absolutely endorse this one.  I can just see them playing this stuff on the South side of Chicago anywhere from the end of the war until the late 60’s.  Just great!  I’m ready for you, I hope you’re ready for me.  One love, blue barry

The Vintage Room

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий